Motivational Monday: Goals
Sometimes getting motivated feels like a struggle. Sometimes no matter how hard you try everything seems a little bit harder to achieve. It’s during times like these that I like to remind myself of the goals I have set myself for both the short and long term.
Short term sometimes I literally just look at the day ahead, especially when I am having a ‘bad brain day’ the hardest tasks I have in front of me can include things like getting in the shower, getting dressed and making sure I eat something. On those bad days these tasks become my goals and my greatest achievements.
Long term I have some very big goals that I want to achieve at some point. Some of which I have had in the back of my mind for quite some time – one of these include starting my own business and I have started to put a lot more thought and planning into.
This month I have set myself a few goals to help keep myself focused, these are:
- Declutter – I have a lot of ‘stuff’, things that I have accumalated that I don’t really need or use. So I plan on dedicated some time this month being bit ruthless and having a proper clear out and getting rid of things that I don’t need anymore!
- Eat properly – I’m very good at eating junk and surviving on sugar. Sometimes I even skip meals which is equally as bad! So I want to think about what I’m eating and when so I can try and make healthier choices.
- Be Earlier – By this I mean I need to start getting myself into a proper routine. Getting up regularly at the same time in the morning and going to bed at a more reasonable hour (earlier than the early hours of the morning!)
- Organise the Blog – A little while ago I started reorganising my blog posts and changing the style a little bit. I kind of ground to a halt doing this and there are a lot fo posts which are currently uncategorised and kind of in limbo so I want to get this all sorted out.
- Read More – Not too long a go I got stuck into a book and found that I was spending less time in front of a screen and it felt really good to unwind and get away from my phone, tablet or television for a while and is definitely something I need to do more of!
I’ll reflect back on these in September and see how I do and if I can succeed with these goals this month!